The University Foundation is the meeting place
- for all academics in Belgium,
- for academics and members of civil society,
- for academics in Belgium, foreign academics and members of international organizations.
In elegantly furnished rooms members can meet colleagues and guests. In a pleasant reading room, daily and weekly newspapers, as well as scientific reviews, are available.
The restaurant serves lunch with a varied menu to members and their guests.
Our hotel has 14 attractive bedrooms for our Club members. The University Foundation organises numerous scientific, cultural and artisitic events for the Club members.
Below a list is given of the future academic and cultural activities organized by the Club of the University Foundation. For more information on a particular activity the reader is referred to the relevant Dutch or French section of the website.
Next edition of the Ethical Forum: What place (if any) for academics in our post-truth era ? Save the date : Thursday December 7, 2017.
From September to December 2017 a new series of four lunch-debates is organized n the initiative "A World of Cities" in collaboration with the Foundation Pierre Laconte.
Future activities of Re-Bel :
- Thursday 14 December 2017: Patriotism at the local, regional, national and European levels: Are they compatible? Are they necessary?
- Thursday 14 June 2018: Mobility policy (road, rail, air): too centralized or too decentralized?
- Thursday 13 December 2018: Belgium's 6th state reform: how good did it prove to be?
More information: www.rethinkingbelgium.eu.
For further information on the activities please see the Dutch or the French section of the website.
For the concerts at Bozar and the performances at the "Théâtre National" for the next academic year the reader is referred to the relevant news item on the Dutch or French web pages.
Monday December 11, 2017 at 7.45 pm : Concert at the University Foundation with Bruno Philippe, cello, Laureate of the Queen Elisaberh Contest 2017, and Guillaume Vincent, piano.
Friday March 23, 2018 at 8 pm : Gala Concert of the Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel.
Wednesday May 2, 2018 at 6 pm : Opera at La Monnaie: Lohengrin (Richard Wagner).
From Wednesday July 4 till Sunday July 8, 2018: Cultural trip to Sils Maria.
For further information on these activities please refer to the French or Dutch web pages.